Friday, September 11, 2015

Craft Stamper Guest Designer "Take a Stamp"

Hello friends!

Today I have the honor of being Guest Designer at Craft Stamper; I am so thrilled! A big thank you to the Design Team for having me and for choosing my card as the July winner. I have a  sympathy card I made for a dear friend to share with you.


For my back panel I used a Recollections sheet music image inked in Jet Black Archival ink.  I distressed the edges with Frayed Burlap Distress ink. For the next layer, the light colored tag,  and the framed panel I used Stampendous Agapanthus Thanks images. For the large panel, I inked up the stamp with Gelatos, spritzed the stamp, and stamped  the image repeatedly on a lightly misted card stock.  I added some Tim Holtz tissue tape, and gave it a wash of gesso. I added leaves using a TCW stencil and hand colored texture paste and distressed the edges. The framed piece uses additional images from the set, and I did this in the same manner. The images on the tag are stamped on misted watercolor paper, again using Gelatos, and misting the stamp before making the impression.


The textured flourish layer was created using a Recollections stencil and Crackle texture paste and Distress inks and is layered on some photocopied and distressed sheet music.  The Ornate Frame (my favorite die right now--because I can use this on any type of card or project, and it always looks different and it always makes great cuts)  (Tim Holtz) was also treated with Crackle texture paste and Distress inks.



I cut two tags  using Tim Holtz Tiny Tabs and Tags die.  The Wishing You Comfort sentiment is from Stampendous, and the Bible verse is from Stampin' Up. I used Watering Can Archival ink. The seam binding was hand dyed using Distress inks.


Greenery is from Tim Holtz  Spring Greenery die, and the flowers made from Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die.  I dipped some grapevines from my yard in gesso to finish off my flower arrangement. A final spritz with my marker spritzer to give this card it's vintage look.




I would like to enter this into the following inspiring challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Stamp and Punch/Die Cut Die cut: Tiny Tabs and Tag with stamp and inside of Ornate Frame with stamp, both sentiments from Stampendous.
As You Like It Favorite Die and Why Tim Holtz Ornate Frame is my favorite (for now).  I've been using it on a lot of projects lately, and it goes with anything from vintage, to shabby to goth.  Very versatile die and it can cut thin to thick panels-here I've used heavy cardstock and corrugate board!
Clear It Out Challenge Blog Anything Goes My old stash item is my seambinding--I picked it up at an estate sale over a year ago. the paper layered under the stenciled layer is sheet music I photocopied, well, a LONG time ago!
 Please pop over Craft Stamper to see all the great inspiration this talented team has whipped up!  

Thank you for stopping by and for your lovely comments!  I read and appreciate each and everyone of them!
Hugs and Blessings,

Sara Emily

Update:  I'm so honored this card is a Top 5 pick!
Have you been in our top 5?

Update:  I'm honored again! I'm a winner at


25 comments:

  1. Oh SARA!!!!! This is so very beautiful, elegant, and intricate, but keeps that artsy quality that for me either makes or breaks a "pretty" card. Something I have struggled with lately... Let me tell you... I really am inspired by this and reminded to go all the way to make my projects beautiful! The extra detail really is worthwhile and I needn't be so lazy! ;0 I just love love love this card and think it is the best sympathy card anyone could ever receive. Hugs to your dear friend. <3 Biggest congrats on your feature, so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely vintage style card. Beautiful colours and distressing. Sympathy cards are always a struggle to make, but this one is lovely. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous shabby card, beautiful layers.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do shabby chic girl! You got the chic part in you, I see it here with this amazeballs card! Holy layers and details. I can definately see why that ornate frame die is your favorite. It is on my wish list! Love the splatters and textures you have achieved. Such Aesome sauce tidbits everywhere I look. I see something new each time.

    Huge big congrats in your guest spot and you totally nailed it little lady! So sorry that you had to make this card, but the recipient will cherish it and the thoughts behind it. So sweet of you! Hope you are having an interesting week! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, this is yummy and good enough to eat! Love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sara, this is exquisite! Congratulations on your well-deserved Guest Designer spot! They are blessed to have you. Your card is stunning, filled with love and creativity... and abundant beauty to help in time of need. Praying for the recipient during this time of mourning. And sending YOU lots of crafty hugs! Thank you for always inspiring. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shabby chic splendidness at its finest! Wow - i'm blown away by all the lovely details, especially those pullout tags! Gogeousness. Thanks for sharing it at Eclectic Ellapu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful project and the bright pink flower sets it all off so well. Thank you for joining in our Shabby Chic challenge at Fab'n Funky.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sara this is yummy yummy yummy. Absolutely stunning. The colors and all the details. Absolutely outstanding. So delighted you shared with us at MMW.

    With smiles
    Laine K
    MMW

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Sara, this is soo shabby and so chic...too bad it is for such a sad occasion... Huge congrats on your guest designer appearance...so well deserved though...
    Hugs :)
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning card Sara. I love the vintage feel to your card and your handmade rosebuds are gorgeous. The green and pink colour scheme is perfect and the crackle effect frame and pull out tag are wonderful ideas. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, stunning, sweet and best of all - definitely can see that it was made with love Sara. This card will be cherished by the family you sent it to - for sure. It's just soooo intricate and precious. The layers and the papers you chose - perfect. The colors are gorgeous. Silly as it seems - my favorite part is that you added your little grape vine - it just shows how every detail was perfectly accomplished. And that flower is one of the prettiest I have even seen. Soooooo a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on your guest designer status here and being a Craft Stamper winner!! YOU are soooooooooooooo deserving and you DID SUPER FINE!!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chic, chic! A wonderful and fresh colours card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Clear It Out, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely vintage card! Gorgeous layers. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Sara, it will bring much comfort to your bereaved friend, a thoughtful and very special card. Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning project. Thanks for joining us over at That Craft Place, Nicola X

    ReplyDelete
  18. First, congratulations on your win and guest designer at Craft Stamper. Secondly just WOW, this creation is superb. The attention to detail is fantastic, the techniques, the layout and colours are outstanding. You might have gathered I just love this!!! It is so creative and out of such a 'sad' time comes this outstanding creation! Thank you too for finding time to comment so generously on my blog, really vey much appreciated. Thanks for sharing this card and for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats to you Sara Emily!!!
    What a gorgeous card! i would love to sit and watch you create as your layers amaze me- the way they all fit together so seamlessly- so beautiful,my friend! and by the way, your flowers are always so perfect fits as well!! How do you do it? Inquiring minds(this one) wants to know!! hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sara Emily, this is so soft and soothing...perfect for a sympathy card. I love the color palette and all that gorgeous texture, too. The layering is so fabulous...just loads and loads of lovely layers to explore and enjoy. Truly a gorgeous make....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Huge congrats, Sara Emily, on your win and your guest spot - what a fabulous guest creation for Craft Stamper. This card is subtle, elegant, full of texture and beauty and full of care and thought too. Beautifully done!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful card and I love the shabby chic look to it! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How lovely!Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  24. So very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More for our floral embellishments challenge.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sara, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Thank you so much for joining us at AYLI challenge xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.